About the New York Academy of Sciences
The New York Academy of Sciences is an independent, not-for-profit organization that since 1817 has been committed to advancing science, technology, and society worldwide. With more than 20,000 members in 100 countries around the world, the Academy is creating a global community of science for the benefit of humanity. The Academy's core mission is to advance scientific knowledge, positively impact the major global challenges of society with science-based solutions, and increase the number of scientifically informed individuals in society at large. Please visit us online at www.nyas.org.
JOB TITLE: Multimedia Production Specialist
REPORTS TO: AV Manager
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
With other members of the AV Team, manage, operate, and maintain the integrated audiovisual equipment in the NYAS Conference Center and other meeting rooms. In charge of all audio and video post production for internal and external events at the New York Academy of Sciences. This includes the setup, recording, editing and publication of event media. Work collaboratively and proactively with internal and external customers and event planners to facilitate their multimedia needs to NYAS standards.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-production, filming (lighting/camera/audio), and editing multi-camera stage events for e-Briefings, serving as the camera operator for the AV department.
- Pre-production, filming (lighting/camera), live switching, audio mixing, and technical directing stage events for Livestream broadcasts.
- Pre-production, filming (lighting/camera/audio), and transferring media from stage events for external clients.
- Coordinating with AV Techs, program staff, and coordinators to ensure smooth stage direction during events.
- Photography for stage events, group photos, receptions, and portraits.
- Providing general support to AV Techs during busy season and multi-event days.
- Managing digital signage system for internal programs and external clients.
- Editing and deliver audio files to program staff and external partners/clients.
- Capturing and archiving audio, video, and presentations from all multimedia projects.
- Consulting with AV Manager and Senior AV Tech for video and AV equipment purchases and systems design.
- Train other AV Techs in camera operation and live switching for multi-camera stage events and Livestream broadcasts.
- Perform video and DVD duplications for in-house clientele.
- Set up, operate, and maintain the integrated and stand alone LCD/DLP projectors, sound systems, Audio/video conferencing units, Audio/Video digital recorders, Video switchers, Audio Mixers, and PC and Mac computers with the AV team.
- Assist with file format issues and troubleshoot media files if necessary to ensure successful client presentations. Identify, troubleshoot, and document any issues that occur prior to or during meetings.
- Assist team with proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance of equipment. Post meeting documentation of issues encountered during the course of an event. Account for all inventories before and after each event.
HOURS: This is a full-time position, with a standard 35 hour workweek. Flexibility required- must be able to work the AM or PM shift as assigned, weekdays and weekends. Scheduling subject to change based on event times.
- Minimum High School graduate/GED. College degree preferred with a concentration in Communications, Film or Fine arts.
- Minimum 2 years experience performing audio and video editing and production. Must have experience with videography (HD cams, fixed or mobile), digital photography, and non-linear editing software.
- Experience with one or more of the following Final Cut X, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere and Quicktime Pro required. Proficiency with Microsoft and Mac based computer systems, familiarity with Mac OSX, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suites, and basic troubleshooting knowledge required.
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting integrated audio visual conference rooms preferred. Webinar and/or webcasting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of signal flow is required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse workforce. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to both full-time and part-time staff that includes affordable health care insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and liberal vacation time and holiday schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.