About the New York Academy of Sciences
The New York Academy of Sciences is an independent, not-for-profit organization that since 1817 has been committed to advancing science, technology, and society worldwide. With more than 20,000 members in 100 countries around the world, the Academy is creating a global community of science for the benefit of humanity. The Academy's core mission is to advance scientific knowledge, positively impact the major global challenges of society with science-based solutions, and increase the number of scientifically informed individuals in society at large. Please visit us online at www.nyas.org.
JOB TITLE: Manager, Registration & Customer Service
REPORTS TO: SVP, Operations
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversight of Customer Service team and primary contact for all NYAS registration activities. Collaborates with Membership & Network Engagement team, Meeting Operations, Finance and Programs teams to provide customer service support for all products, membership and registration services. Supports the logistics of NYAS sponsored events, as well as external events.
Customer Service & Membership
- Supervise Customer Service team consisting of 2 direct reports
- Identify, document and communicate business rules, data exchanges and policies
- Delegate, oversee and review projects assigned to support staff
- Administer data integrity protocols to ensure consistency of information, accurate data, data entry when required, generating lists upon request
- Create and maintain customer records in the AMS system database; update customer information based on return mail, process orders, refunds and transactions.
- Upload and maintain membership lists and records for group and contract memberships
- Process complimentary memberships for speakers and other event related VIPS.
- Configure registration site for NYAS events in the online registration system based on business requirements for each event according to NYAS standards
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Create and test Promo Codes for event pricing discounts
- Create and execute testing plans for registration application and websites
- Maintain registration and attendance data and insure data integrity
- Execute requests for registration data queries and build reports
- Generate post-meeting summary reports and distribute to relevant staff
- Work with Accounting Department & Program Managers to reconcile event registration revenue and maintain timely and accurate records for each event
- Create and deploy e-mail communications in support of meetings registration activity and/or other initiatives using email service provider.
- Work with Sales and Membership to manage External Client Membership creation and updates in AA
Events & Conference Center Calendar
- Maintain and update event calendaring system including configuration of resources, pricing updates, etc. Monitor event and space calendar for conflicts, approve new requests on a daily basis
- Update and distribute weekly event schedule report
- Run monthly Overhead Allocations reporting from for Finance Department
- Coordinate Bi-Annual Calendar Planning sessions with Internal Programs to set the Fall and Spring Calendars
- Coordinate scheduling of Volunteer staff for onsite registration check-in, including stipend management
- Generate reports as required for utilization, attendance and
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required. Minimum 3 years experience in either association, membership organization or event production company handling customer service, event registration, calendaring and administrative tasks. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Strong experience with computer applications including Microsoft Outlook Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merge, Internet, web based event registration systems, and use of database management systems. EMS and/or Association Anywhere experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
The Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse workforce. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to both full-time and part-time staff that includes affordable health care insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and liberal vacation time and holiday schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.